Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Policy
American AllWaste (AAW) stands strongly behind the belief that every employee throughout the organization is responsible for doing their part to ensure safety exists in the workplace. Excellent EHS performance along with the health, safety, and security of our employees, our contractors and our customers play a vital role in the success of our business.
AAW is committed to protecting the health, safety and security of all employees, contractors and customers throughout the organization. We strive to provide and sustain safe and healthy working conditions for employees, contractors and customers and to ensure the safety and security of our company assets. In addition, we strive to support the highest level of ethics in the workplace and to conduct our business in a manner that protects both the local and global environment. AAW is further committed to taking necessary measures to eliminate potential workplace injuries, occupational illnesses and every unsafe practice or incident that can negatively impact the environment.
AAW is committed to constant improvement of its EHS performance and will meet and strive to exceed relevant EHS legislation, regulations and company requirements.
- Demonstrate perceptible and dynamic leadership that engages employees and manages EHS performance and responsibilities with clear authorities and accountabilities.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors understand that working safe is a condition of employment, and that they are each responsible for their own safety and the safety of those around them.
- Manage all projects in a manner that reinforces safety and health and minimizes impacts on the environment.
- Provide employees with the capabilities, knowledge and resources necessary to encourage individual ownership and motivation to achieve EHS excellence.
- Provide relevant safety and health information to contractors and require them to provide proper
training for the safe and environmentally sound performance of their work.
- Continually strive to improve EHS performance by establishing clear and measurable targets and objectives, auditing, reviewing, monitoring and reporting performance.
- Comply with relevant local, state and federal laws, regulations and standards.
- Maintain a secure work environment to protect our employees, contractors, customers and the company’s assets from risk of injury, property loss or damage resulting from hostile acts.